Code of Conduct
History of Tyrepower NZ
Tyrepower was established in 1977 and is proud to be celebrating over 36 years of automotive retailing in 2013.
Founded initially to offer customers the flexibility and value of an independent Dealer Network, Tyrepower has now grown to be the largest independent tyre retailer in Australasia.
Unlike most of our competitors, Tyrepower is a co-operative group and for many years has used the slogan; "Where the person who runs the store owns the store." Tyrepower is recognised by many of the largest manufacturers as a primary distribution channel in Australasia. We enjoy preferential buying arrangements with industry trade names such as:
- ROH Wheels
- Speedy Wheels
- Mullins Wheels
- Century Batteries
Tyrepower dealers are uniquely positioned in the market to be able to offer customers a wide range of locally made and imported products that provide the best value
Tyrepower is the largest independent retailer in the New Zealand market
. There are over 16 Tyrepower stores from the far north of Whangarei through to Oxford in the South. The Group has been recognised by the major tyre manufacturers as an integral part of the tyre industry in New Zealand. In Australia, Tyrepower operates in all states and territories with senior management based in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia.
With this structure we are able to promptly meet consumer and dealer needs. With 260 stores across Australasia
, customer needs can be met quickly and professionally plus the service provide from one store is supported by the entire network. The focus of Tyrepower stores is to provide service advice and the right price drawing on a wealth of knowledge from over 36 years of successful trading experience.
Our Mission Statement
At Tyrepower we pride ourselves on providing to all customers and stakeholders the best service, advice and the right price.
Hence our ongoing mission statement.
Tyrepower is an industry leader in Tyre Retailing and associated automotive services and will continue to grow an expanded, highly professional tyre retail network in the Australasian market.
We will enhance the value of the Tyrepower brand to our customers, dealers and stakeholders. We will achieve this through effective brand management, superior customer service, investing in the latest technology, quality accredited training, and we will maintain and be at the forefront of professional store presentation standards.
Most importantly we will offer our clients and customers the best brands, the most accurate advice and competitive prices available."
Code of Conduct
Members of the Tyrepower Group are aware of and acknowledge their personal responsibility to customers and employees and have formally agreed to abide by the following code:
- We are mindful of our responsibilities as good citizens and honorable business proprietors.
- We are responsible for keeping abreast of new developments and offering the best possible technical service.
- We do not engage in restrictive trade practices or deceptive marketing techniques.
- We provide a range of quality products and accept responsibility for assisting our customers in the selection of tyres best suited to their needs.
- We do not compromise on quality, customer safety, or customer service.
- We maintain the highest standards of openness and clarity in our advertising and public statements.
- We provide the highest standards in employee safety and safe work practices and environment.
- We unreservedly guarantee our service and conduct.
- We as the Tyrepower Pro Dealers and Staff are committed to you with professional and courteous service. We are committed to high quality workmanship, safety and the respect that you and your vehicle deserve. We value our reputation and high service standards and welcome any feedback comments, questions or suggestions via email.
Tyrepower - a retail model that puts the dealer first.
Got a head for business? Find out why more than 260 successful business people choose Tyrepower.
Unlike most of our competitors, Tyrepower is not a franchise. In fact Tyrepower is owned entirely by the members as all 260 of them are equal shareholders in the company.
This co-operative business model ensures that members retain control of their own business whilst providing them with the opportunity to build on the strength of a household brand without the complexity or cost of a franchise arrangement. Tyrepower members have the power to influence the future direction of the group and our business model is designed to foster a culture of success.
How does it work? Each new member is required to take shares in Tyrepower. These shares represent an on-going asset to the member. The only other costs for new Tyrepower members relate to business acquisition, membership fees and associated member levies.
Owning a tyre business as part of the Tyrepower brand represents a fantastic business opportunity-even if you are new to the tyre industry. Our members also enjoy the camaraderie and support from fellow members all only a phone call away. Regular meetings are held where all members get an equal say in the future direction of the group. To discuss this business opportunity in more detail, please call Christine on 09 274 300309 274 3003
or email us.
Once you've made the decision to join the Tyrepower Team you'll soon realise the truly amazing benefits that our members have at their disposal.
Benefits of Joining the Tyrepower Dealer Network include:
- Massive buying power
- Strong market profile
- Group conferences
- Business Independence
- Access to major brands
- National Training Programs
- Exclusive product range
- Marketing and Administration support
- Business development programs
- In-field support
- Television, Radio, Newspaper and Billboard campaigns
- Yellow Pages Advertising both in the book and on-line
- Web presence at:
- - www.tyrepower.com.au
- - www.tyrepower.co.nz
- Access to extensive range of point of sale materials
- The security of dealing with an expanding professional network
- The support of more that 260 stores throughout Australasia