History of Tyrepower NZ
Tyrepower was established in 1977 and is proud to be celebrating over 46 years of automotive retailing in 2023.
Founded initially to offer customers the flexibility and value of an independent Dealer Network, Tyrepower has now grown to be the largest independent tyre retailer in Australasia.
Unlike most of our competitors, Tyrepower is a co-operative group and for many years has used the slogan; “Where the person who runs the store owns the store.” Tyrepower is recognised by many of the largest manufacturers as a primary distribution channel in Australasia. We enjoy preferential buying arrangements with industry trade names such as:
Tyrepower dealers are uniquely positioned in the market to be able to offer customers a wide range of locally made and imported products that provide the best value.
Tyrepower is the largest independent retailer in the New Zealand market. There are over 17 Tyrepower stores from the far north of Whangarei through to Oxford in the South. The Group has been recognised by the major tyre manufacturers as an integral part of the tyre industry in New Zealand. In Australia, Tyrepower operates in all states and territories with senior management based in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia.
With this structure we are able to promptly meet consumer and dealer needs. With 260 stores across Australasia, customer needs can be met quickly and professionally plus the service provide from one store is supported by the entire network. The focus of Tyrepower stores is to provide service advice and the right price drawing on a wealth of knowledge from over 36 years of successful trading experience.
Our Mission Statement
We will enhance the value of the Tyrepower brand to our customers, dealers and stakeholders. We will achieve this through effective brand management, superior customer service, investing in the latest technology, quality accredited training, and we will maintain and be at the forefront of professional store presentation standards.
Most importantly we will offer our clients and customers the best brands, the most accurate advice and competitive prices available.”
Code of Conduct
Members of the Tyrepower Group are aware of and acknowledge their personal responsibility to customers and employees and have formally agreed to abide by the following code:
- We are mindful of our responsibilities as good citizens and honorable business proprietors.
- We are responsible for keeping abreast of new developments and offering the best possible technical service.
- We do not engage in restrictive trade practices or deceptive marketing techniques.
- We provide a range of quality products and accept responsibility for assisting our customers in the selection of tyres best suited to their needs.
- We do not compromise on quality, customer safety, or customer service.
- We maintain the highest standards of openness and clarity in our advertising and public statements.
- We provide the highest standards in employee safety and safe work practices and environment.
- We unreservedly guarantee our service and conduct.
- We as the Tyrepower Pro Dealers and Staff are committed to you with professional and courteous service. We are committed to high quality workmanship, safety and the respect that you and your vehicle deserve. We value our reputation and high service standards and welcome any feedback comments, questions or suggestions via email.
Benefits of joining the Tyrepower Dealer Network include :
- Massive buying power
- Strong market profile
- Group conferences
- Business Independence
- Access to major brands
- National Training Programs
- Exclusive product range
- Marketing and Administration support
- Business development programs
- In-field support
- Television, Radio, Newspaper and Billboard campaigns
- Yellow Pages Advertising both in the book and on-line
- Web presence at:
- – www.tyrepower.com.au
- – www.tyrepower.co.nz
- Access to extensive range of point of sale materials
- The security of dealing with an expanding professional network
- The support of more that 260 stores throughout Australasia