Features and benefits
- The key to the KC53’s suitability is its symmetrical, rigid tread block pattern giving it 10 per cent more durability than its predecessor through a more even wear rate with a lower rolling resistance compound.
- Sloped edges on the centre tread blocks as well as symmetrical sipes through the blocks aid water channelling to three, wide longitudinal grooves and towards the shoulder of the tyre improving its wet weather handling by five per cent compared with the 857 it replaces.
- It also delivers a reduction in the risk of hydroplaning both in a straight line and while cornering.
- The solid centre block and reinforced belt has been incorporated into the design to better cope with heavy payloads.
- Kumho has reinforced the bead of the tyre with a ply strip on the outer edge and a flipper on the inner edge to aid in weight distribution and reduce stress spots around the tyre.